Our MembershipCity Sikhs has 8,000+ members and a reach of 40,000+ individuals making us the largest network of Sikh professionals in the UK.
Our PurposeCity Sikhs is an award-winning progressive Sikh charity which strives to build a cohesive and inclusive society in which individuality is respected and diversity is celebrated. We provide a space for people to connect, learn, contribute and share and help people develop.
(Recognise the whole of humanity as one)
(For the benefit and well-being of all of society)
Our Charity Objectives
To promote the following charitable purposes for the benefit of the public and in particular for members of the Sikh and South Asian communities in Britain and around the world by providing them with support and assistance in the following:
A. Advancing education and in particular the development of individual capabilities, competencies and skills needed to excel within professional careers.
B. Promoting religious and racial harmony by raising awareness and understanding of Sikh and South Asian religious beliefs, culture and heritage.
C. Promoting equality and diversity by enabling people of Sikh and South Asian heritage to understand the religious beliefs of others and vice versa.
D. Advancing community capacity building by developing the capacity and skills of members of the Sikh and South Asian community in such a way that they are better able to identify, and help meet, their needs and to participate more fully in society.
E. Advancing citizenship and community development through the promotion of volunteering and the voluntary sector.
F. The promotion of the moral or spiritual welfare or improvement of the community.
How do I become a member of City Sikhs, how much does it cost?
If anyone is found breaking any of these rules either at an event or on any online City Sikhs platforms then City Sikhs reserves the right to terminate membership or issue an events ban with immediate effect.
- You agree to subscribe to City Sikhs mission and values.
- You agree to be committed to the highest levels of professionalism and treat other people with respect.
- Anyone who makes any comments or behaviour that is discriminatory in any way, such as being racist, sexist or homophobic will be removed immediately and banned from future events.
- City Sikhs events are open to everyone and organised for the benefit of humankind. As such we retain the non exclusive royalty free license to use any pictures or videos taken at any City Sikhs events.
- Anyone attending a City Sikhs event provides their automatic consent to have their photos or videos used across any number of social media or TV channels both now and in the future. If you do not wish to appear in any photos or videos we request that you do not attend any live events.
- City Sikhs retains the right to change and update these membership rules at any point in the future.
- You agree to NOT partake in any of the following activities at any City Sikhs events or online City Sikhs media platforms.
- Promotion of non City Sikhs events.
- Promotion of either free or paid goods and services.
- Promote individual efforts to raise money for charities.
Note: If you wish to promote an event or cause you can make a donation to City Sikhs using the link https://citysikhs.org.uk/advertising-with-city-sikhs/ and we can look to provide the desired level of promotion.
There are multiple groups out there that represent Sikhs interests of one kind. Wouldn’t it make sense to have a single organisation rather than many?
Does City Sikhs have any political affiliations?
This doesn’t mean we have nothing to say about politics. Our position on political matters is centered around Sikh religious values. These are what we stand for. We actively engage with politics and politicians and encourage discussions in the community.
Is it possible for me to join the City Sikhs team?
Are City Sikhs events and services open to non-Sikhs?
Does City Sikhs promote any specific dietary or lifestyle choices at events?
We do not allow alcohol to be served at our events.